It’s so hard to believe, charcoal toothpaste, turning your teeth black can actually make them whiter. Charcoal has been putting the beauty industry in a spin over the last couple of years, with charcoal toothpaste, facial scrubs, cleansers and facial masks all growing in popularity.
The benefits of charcoal toothpaste
Most people would admit that their teeth aren’t brilliant white, and would love Reasons for a brighter smile included wanting to look younger and boosting self-esteem.
With no added chemicals, charcoal toothpaste is a natural teeth whitener with antibacterial properties. It can help to brighten teeth by removing plaque and the stains caused by smoking and drinking tea, coffee and red wine. It can also give you a fresher feeling by removing the bacteria leaving them feeling squeaky clean and smooth.
Dry Brushing with Garshan Gloves is a wonderful treatment you can do at home as part of your shower or bath time routine. This type of dry brushing is an ancient Ayurvedic dry brushing massage known as Garshana. The Benefits of this practice is to stimulate the skin and lymphatic system, enhancing your blood circulation and a gentle release of toxins with the body. I have dry brushed for years but find that using a loofah or brush is too abrasive for me so found a better alternative using raw silk gloves and having knowledge as Massage Therapist I prefer then as have much more control of the strokes and circular motions needed for lymphatic drainage.
Witch Hazel, Cucumber, Aloe infused with Green Tea
This cooling and calming eye gel is perfect for the end of a heavy day in front of the computer screen, late nights or if you’re anything like me crying because I’ve just watched Watership Down again.. ooh that was apt ‘Bright Eyes’ burning like fire “yes they are!” now where is my favourite Eye Gel!
I chose these specific ingredients as I always have them in the house, and have been using Witch Hazel as a Toner since I was a Teenager as back then I did have problematic skin and would not use anything else but.. and now my Aloe is flourishing I thought I’d put him to good use as known for its soothing properties.
So we have..
Simple and So Much Fun!
Settle in for a good soak, your own pamper night with bath bombs & essential oils, flower petals and a healthy fizz! That will leave you feeling invigorated and squeaky clean, restoring the pH balance of your skin. For the instance I’m using Lavender and Essential oils, but you can amp up your bath bomb with any oils or herbs. I will leave a list of variations you can use below.
Lavender Bath Bomb
- 5-6 Lavender Sprigs
- 1 tbsp. Citric Acid Powder
- 3 tbsp. Bicarbonate of Soda
- 10 drops of Lavender Essential Oil
- 1 tsp of Plant Based Oil (Almond, Jojoba)
- Biscuit Cutter or Mould
- Heat the oven to 180 c. Once it has reached the temperature , turn off and place the Lavender Sprigs in the oven to dry for about 2 hours. When they are dry remove the flowers from the stalk and place to one side. For easy use its possible to buy already dried from your local hobby or online.
- Next make sure your hands and the bowl you are using are totally dry otherwise the bicarbonate will start fizzing. In a glass bowl, mix the citric acid and bicarbonate together adding a few drops of lavender oil and 1 teaspoon of the lavender flowers, along with the almond oil or oil of your choice.
- Place a biscuit cutter on top of a sheet of baking. Put the mixture into the biscuit cutter and press down with the back of a spoon.
- The oil needs now needs to evaporate so the bomb can set to dry in a hard block.
- Leave for a few hours or preferably overnight
- Store in tin foil to keep the moisture out
Add these for Extra Fun!
- Dead Sea Salts
- Epsom’s Salts
- Herb Powders
- Clay Powder
- Coconut Cream Oil
- Honey Powders
- Mica for Colouring (online)
- Any Essential Oils of your choice