Dry Brushing with Garshan Gloves is a wonderful treatment you can do at home as part of your shower or bath time routine. This type of dry brushing is an ancient Ayurvedic dry brushing massage known as Garshana. The Benefits of this practice is to stimulate the skin and lymphatic system, enhancing your blood circulation and a gentle release of toxins with the body. I have dry brushed for years but find that using a loofah or brush is too abrasive for me so found a better alternative using raw silk gloves and having knowledge as Massage Therapist I prefer then as have much more control of the strokes and circular motions needed for lymphatic drainage.
Simple and So Much Fun!
Settle in for a good soak, your own pamper night with bath bombs & essential oils, flower petals and a healthy fizz! That will leave you feeling invigorated and squeaky clean, restoring the pH balance of your skin. For the instance I’m using Lavender and Essential oils, but you can amp up your bath bomb with any oils or herbs. I will leave a list of variations you can use below.
Lavender Bath Bomb
- 5-6 Lavender Sprigs
- 1 tbsp. Citric Acid Powder
- 3 tbsp. Bicarbonate of Soda
- 10 drops of Lavender Essential Oil
- 1 tsp of Plant Based Oil (Almond, Jojoba)
- Biscuit Cutter or Mould
- Heat the oven to 180 c. Once it has reached the temperature , turn off and place the Lavender Sprigs in the oven to dry for about 2 hours. When they are dry remove the flowers from the stalk and place to one side. For easy use its possible to buy already dried from your local hobby or online.
- Next make sure your hands and the bowl you are using are totally dry otherwise the bicarbonate will start fizzing. In a glass bowl, mix the citric acid and bicarbonate together adding a few drops of lavender oil and 1 teaspoon of the lavender flowers, along with the almond oil or oil of your choice.
- Place a biscuit cutter on top of a sheet of baking. Put the mixture into the biscuit cutter and press down with the back of a spoon.
- The oil needs now needs to evaporate so the bomb can set to dry in a hard block.
- Leave for a few hours or preferably overnight
- Store in tin foil to keep the moisture out
Add these for Extra Fun!
- Dead Sea Salts
- Epsom’s Salts
- Herb Powders
- Clay Powder
- Coconut Cream Oil
- Honey Powders
- Mica for Colouring (online)
- Any Essential Oils of your choice